Schedule a Career Advice Appointment
Career Advising Information
One of the benefits of being a Rutgers alumnus is that the Rutgers University Alumni Association and University Career Services can assist you with your career management needs. Rutgers is unique when compared with other institutions, as it ensures that all alumni are eligible for career services. Career advising appointments are 45 minutes long and available for the following audiences:
- Current Students: Current students have access to a variety of career resources. See links below.
- Recent alumni (less than one year since graduation): eligible to receive unlimited advising appointments during their first year after graduation.
- Advanced alumni (one or more years since graduation): Eligible to receive a maximum of two career advising appointments each year. If you reach the appointment limit, your adviser may refer you to external career management resources.
- Rutgers–New Brunswick alumni: Eligible to access both in-person and virtual career advising appointments.
Fees for advising services
To provide world-class career services to all alumni, Rutgers strives to ensure that fees are as affordable as possible and well below the industry average of $250 or more for individual career coaching sessions in the New York City metro area. The fees for Rutgers career advising services are:
- 0–1 year since graduation: free
- 1–3 years since graduation: $50 per appointment
- 3+ years since graduation: $75 per appointment
Cancellation and Refund Policies
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so through your Handshake account by 5:00 p.m. one business day prior to your appointment. If you have a same-day, urgent reason for cancelling, please call the office where your appointment is scheduled to cancel by phone at 848-932-7997.
No Show Policy
If you do not cancel an appointment according to the guidelines above and do not show up, it will be recorded as a “NO SHOW” in your Handshake account. After two consecutive “NO SHOWS,” your access to Handshake will be blocked until you arrange a phone call with the career advisor with whom you planned to meet.
Refunds will be made available as requested for cancellations and no-shows. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Can visit the website of their respective campus location as listed below: