Code of Conduct
Rutgers University Alumni Association Code of Conduct
The success of the Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) depends on a network of volunteers serving in a variety of roles and programs around the world. The RUAA values its volunteers and works to create programs and services to support our global network of committed volunteers who share a sense of pride, purpose, and promise about Rutgers University.
This Code of Conduct has been established to support all volunteers within the RUAA through its mission and vision in an ethical manner. The code of conduct supports university policy and shall apply to all volunteers of the RUAA and its chartered alumni groups.
As a community, we value and agree to:
- Adhere to Rutgers University policies and ask for clarification if you do not understand them.
- Contribute positively to the RUAA, as a Rutgers ambassador.
- Foster pride in all Rutgers students and alumni a strong sense of belonging, tradition, and attachment to their alma mater.
- Cultivate inclusion and diversity through respect and celebration of the fundamental value and dignity of all Rutgers alumni. We pledge to create and maintain an environment that honors diverse traditions, heritages, experiences, and individuals.
- Forward innovation that is solutions-oriented in order to achieve exceptional results and advance the mission of the Rutgers University Alumni Association.
- Promote collaboration and mutual support through working together to achieve our goals through transparency, trust, and positive mutual regard.
- Exemplify professionalism and reliability as we work in partnership with staff to be a world-class alumni association providing excellent service to students, alumni, and the entire Rutgers community.
- Strive to achieve the highest quality of effectiveness and dignity in both the process and products of your volunteer work without promoting any self-interest, personal, professional, or political gain.
- Be honest, ethical, and trustworthy; and do so in a responsible and respectable way.
- Honor and respect other volunteers; be fair and do not discriminate by acknowledging and respecting their contributions, talents, and efforts.
- Demonstrate accountability to the public, Rutgers University, Rutgers Foundation, RUAA, and each other.
- Manage any and all organizational funds with fiscal responsibility and transparency. All funds should be used for their intended purpose.
- Administer data received from any university system, including contact information collected through individual chartered groups for the intended purpose. It may not be used for any personal, political, religious, commercial, or other use.
- Full disclosure of any and all potential conflicts of interest.
- Have fun through building community and scarlet forever pride.
This online agreement shall serve as a binding agreement to uphold the RUAA Code of Conduct. By clicking the “I Accept” button contained on this page, the requesting party affirms that:
- They have read and understand the RUAA Code of Conduct.
- Volunteers of the Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) are to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with University policies and the RUAA’s code of conduct. Failure to do so may result in a dismissal of your role or other corrective action.