How to Build Rapport in a Virtual Job Interview
Presented by: Alex Freund
Virtual interviewing has become common practice. Today employers are using both prescreening self-recordings and interactive on-line discussions to complete first round interviews. This change from in-person meetings means that a job candidate must use less traditional techniques to establish a meaningful connection with the interviewer.
How do you establish rapport with a hiring manager when the conventional “in-person” techniques are not available? This presentation will help you prepare for virtual interviews, provide tips to assist you in establishing rapport, and guidance to present yourself professionally on video
During this session, you will learn how to:
- manage the technical aspects of virtual communication such as lighting, background, positioning of the camera, the use of headset, etc.
- select an interview wardrobe selection best suited for virtual
- succeed with self-recorded pre-screening interview tools
- read and interpret body language and overall demeanor during a virtual meeting
- connect with interviewers when it may not be possible to see in-office visual cues (e.g., pictures, diplomas, personal items on the desk, etc.)
Alex Freund – “The Landing Expert” – is a career and interview practice coach and a frequent speaker at professional organizations and networking groups. He provides guidance in multiple areas including job search, interview preparation, salary negotiation, LinkedIn, value proposition and personal branding.
For questions contact email@example.com.