Marketo Training & Tools for Staff
Important: If you do not have a Marketo account already created, you will need to complete the steps outlined in the “Get Access” section below before clicking LOG INTO MARKETO.
LOG INTO MARKETO MARKETO TRAINING VIDEOS
Step 1—Get Access
- Identify one to two dedicated Marketo users from you group.
- Confirm or obtain a NetID or guest NetID for each identified user.
- Review, sign, and submit the email marketing channel policy and guidelines.
- Test your log-in through the Rutgers single sign-in link—Ralumni.com/marketologin.
- Participate in a video training session and download the training step by step guide.
- Complete all training exercises (after self-paced training), and send a fully customized sample email to your staff partner.
- Take part in one-on-one phone call with your volunteer engagement or foundation staff partner to ensure readiness.
Step 3—Build and Send Email – additional support resources
Email Build Resources
- How to create a Marketo email send program
- How to create or edit a Marketo email
- How to edit the email header
- How to upload images to Marketo
- How to add images to emails
- How to add links to emails
Email Lists Resources
Email Reviewing/Sending Resources
- How to approve an email
- How to send a sample email for testing
- How to set up an A/B subject line test
- How to use the Email Checklist Guide (WordDoc) | Video | Email Checklist
- How to test your email in Marketo (WordDoc) | Video
- How to send an email
- How to stop a scheduled email from sending
Post Email Send Resources
After you have sent your email you can view the analytics around delivery and opt-outs.
- Select your email program by clicking on the mailbox icon next to the program name.
- Once the email has been sent, you will see the email dashboard display analytics.
Support Questions? Submit a request at ralumni.com/marketohelp.
Can’t remember where a certain step was in the training document? See below for quick step-by-step guides answering frequently asked questions direct from your training: