This year marks the 75th anniversary since Rutgers University–Newark (RU–N) became a part of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Rutgers–Newark will celebrate this milestone by highlighting its legacy, strengths, and trajectory.
On this occasion, we invite students and alumni to take part in telling the RU–N story. Students and alumni are invited to submit a personal video tribute to Rutgers–Newark reflecting on the ways in which this anchor institution helped start or support their journey as educators, activists, entrepreneurs, artists, writers, and other sorts of changemakers.
Alumni can submit video recordings of themselves talking about their time at RU–N and its impact on their personal lives and professional careers. They are invited to share anecdotes and remembrances of faculty or staff as they see fit.
Submissions should be no longer than 60 seconds and can be recorded using a camera, computer, or phone. All phone recordings should be captured in landscape (horizontal) orientation.
All submissions should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are questions to consider when creating your video:
- What made you choose Rutgers–Newark when considering a college education?
- What about the RU–N mission resonates with you most? And why?
- What student experiences shaped your career choices? And how?
- How has RU–N made an impact on your personal and professional life?
- How did your journey at RU–N encourage or motivate you to serve or give back in the communities around you?
- Who are some faculty, staff, or administrators who made an impact? How did they make an impact?
- Why do you choose to give back to RU–N as an alum?
When submitting your video, please share the following information:
- first name
- last name
- maiden name (if applicable)
- class year
- current job title
- current employer
- student organization membership/leadership
Be sure to show your school pride by wearing your Rutgers or Rutgers–Newark gear or be surrounded by university swag.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.