Join Scarlet Council
To inspire today’s students to become the engaged and philanthropic alumni of tomorrow.
- Undergraduate students who have at least one full on-campus academic year remaining
- Have an interest in networking with others (students, alumni, and university leadership)
- Are outgoing and excited to share your scarlet pride
- Have a strong work ethic and dedication to volunteering your time
- Can bring creative programming ideas that complement the council’s mission
How to Get Involved
Applications for this year are now open and the deadline to apply will be October 16, 2022.
To apply click here.
Scarlet Council Benefits/Perks
- Leadership Development—Take advantage of opportunities to network with peers and advancement professionals and learn tips and tricks to become a better leader.
- Connections—You’ll learn what a lifelong relationship with Rutgers means, stay up to date on university and alumni successes through signature publications, reconnect with former classmates and friends, and make lasting relationships with influential alumni. Mingle like you mean it!
- Recognition—Your loyalty to students and alumni will be recognized through exclusive student leader programming and opportunities to present Rutgers in a way that students rarely see.
- SWAG—As a student leader of the Scarlet Council, you will receive apparel and goodies that clearly identify your participation in this student organization and spice up your everyday Rutgers spirit!
- Skill Development—You’ll have lots of opportunities to develop real-world skills. From recruitment tactics to content creation, you can always find something to learn about.
Scarlet Council is professionally affiliated with the Council for Advancement and Support of Education and Affiliated Student Advancement Programs (CASE ASAP) and annually attends its network conference. CASE ASAP comprises student alumni associations, student foundations, and similar organizations at more than 300 CASE member institutions. Its goal is to foster and enhance student involvement in all areas of advancement—from alumni relations and communications to fundraising, marketing, and related areas.
- 2018 Outstanding Emerging Organization Award Winner for District 2
- 2020 Outstanding Advancement Program Award Winner for District 2