Developing a career can be challenging when you need basic support for you or your family. NJ Department of Human Services Offers a wide variety of programs for individuals and families who need assistance.
Services & assistance programs include:
- Income: Whether you cannot work because of sickness or injury, you may be eligible for benefits that assist with income.
- Housing & Utilities: Learn about the services New Jersey Department of Community Affairs has to help prevent homelessness, including rent and mortgage assistance. The department also offers programs to assist you with your utility bills.
- Child Care: The New Jersey Department of Human Services offers subsidies for child care and works with child care resources and referral agencies to help you find child care. The department partners with programs that encourage strong, healthy, supportive communities that promote economic independence, productivity, and childhood development.
- Food: New Jersey’s food banks, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, and the Department of Health’s Women, Infants & Children (WIC) can help provide food and other assistance for individuals and families.
- Health Care: The New Jersey Department of Health offers many programs and services to help keep New Jerseyans healthy. Learn about what services are available to parents, caretakers, and dependent children, pregnant women, and people with disabilities.